Friday, April 17, 2009

oldies

look what i found!



i also retraced feraco's words. i miss him.

"I trust you to remember the most important message – that the time is always ripe to do the right thing – and to summon the courage to choose what’s right over what’s convenient.

I trust you to love others and yourself without fear of rejection, and to build a life you’ll love instead of a life you’ll accept.

I trust you to sympathize with people despite differences that threaten to separate the two of you. Remember compassion – it’s what makes us human.

I trust you to relentlessly pursue self-awareness and understanding, and to never be satisfied and comfortable with ignorance.

I trust you to remain gentle and kind in your dealings with others.

I trust you to be thankful for your fortune and privileged place in history.

I trust you to heal the wounds of the past and carve the path to a better future, to give your children a better world than your parents gave you.

I trust you to remain curious and in love with life.

I trust you to be part of a generation worth following, a generation worth hope and excitement, a generation worth fighting for, a generation worth writing about – a generation of leaders appearing when we need them most.

I trust you to live a life that will justify the applause and tears I’ll give you on the 13th, that will justify the bittersweet sting of joy laced with loss.

I trust you to make me proud."